Stripe, PayPal and better design on default installation?

Hi. :earth_americas:

I want to ask two things:

1. Can we have an official plugin for Stripe and PayPal? Here is a perfect example, if I’m allowed to post it: Commerce Subscription Manager / Paid club memberships.

2. Better design on default installation – I don’t know, but the current theme seems unfinished. Stripe or DigitalOcean looks amazing. You can be inspired by these two sites.

Do you plan these changes in the near future?

1 Like

Nope. We like this theme. You’re welcome to use those sites as inspiration to create your own theme. If you don’t have the skills, put up your cash in the marketplace and I’m sure someone will take the job.

There is an existing Stripe plugin here Stripe Donations Plugin

4 Likes

We already have deep Patreon integration, why would these other oddball approaches be preferable to that?

4 Likes

Why are you even bothering to self-host a forum? Not everyone wants to be a slave to the same 3rd party platform. This is not a constructive answer to the question which was posed.

Is there any way to accept PayPal donations, outside of using a 3rd party like Patreon? If not, is there any plan to add support for additional platforms, such as Ko-Fi?

I don’t believe there is at the current time and expanding the subscriptions plugin isn’t on our short term roadmap but we are aware of its current limitations and it will need to be properly overhauled some time soon.

2 Likes

Supporting Google Pay would be great for Android users. Paypal can be added to a Google Pay account. I think Apple Pay works in a similar way. Online services are leaving a lot of money on the table if they only support people with credit cards.