"Subcategories with featured topics" no longer shows subcategory topics on mobile

Using the “Subcategories with featured topics” view, individual subcategories no longer show their latest topics on the /categories page.

“Subcategory subcategory” has a post in it, but this is no longer displayed on the /categories page on mobile (but it is on desktop).

1 Like

I am seeing this too after a recent upgrade, version 3.3.0.beta3-dev (61610a61fa).

On Android mobile, both Firefox and Chrome.

EDIT: I thought I’d found a workaround, but it doesn’t persist. Might help troubleshoot, though:

Check “Show subcategory list above topics in this category.” box in the parent category’s settings (“Subcategory List Style” doesn’t matter), then go to the All Categories page, and click on the parent category, and then navigate back to the all categories page. The subcategories in that parent category now show up correctly.

But refreshing the page reverts the fix until the next time you go to the parent category.

1 Like

This wasn’t fixed with the update to beta4.

I’ve been looking through recent commits, and I see from April 23 commit #d2a52c3, “FIX: Use serialized subcategories in subcategory-with-featured-topics”, which fits my timeline and seems like it could be related to this issue.

This commit updates app/components/subcategories-with-featured-topics.hbs to replace category.subcategories with category.serializedSubcategories, but I noticed that app/templates/mobile/components/subcategories-with-featured-topics.hbs still has category.subcategory.

Is that anything? Sorry if this is nonsense, I’m well out of my depth looking through the code, just trying to do what I can to help track down the issue :slight_smile:

Hello @harryob! :wave:

Thank you for the bug report. We have identified the issue and have fixed it in this PR:

It is currently under review and will be merged soon. After that, you can update your site and fix your issue.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 22 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.