Subscriptions: Style the campaign banner, bump subscribers to a trust level

Is there instructions somewhere to modify the looks of the banner?

Also, when I click add to sidebar nothing happens,

ideally I’d just like a simple text link here

One final thing I’ve not figured out is where to set the subscription value to groups?

I’d like subscribers to be bumped to trust level 2 but don’t see where that’s managed?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Nothing specific to the subscriptions campaign banner, but there are general instructions for styling your discourse instance. I would start there.

It moves it to the right sidebar actually. I don’t know the full history behind it, but probably predates the left-side sidebar being default enabled.

I wouldn’t be apposed to eventually adding some sort of support for a subscribe button/link on the left sidebar though. As an admin though you can customize that section manually and add your own subscribe link.

When you setup a product you can choose which group members will be added to when they subscribe:

There isn’t anything to bump users to a certain trust level, but many settings now have a list of groups to control what they users can do vs just trust levels, so you might be able to add the group you choose to those settings. Just picking a random setting as an example:

EDIT: Actually you can configure your group to bump a user to a certain trust level

3 Likes

I edited my products and that was not there, same if I attempt to add a new product

I’m new to the sidebar but did find this easy so all good, however there is no way as of now for me to get subscribers into a group which negates the reason for the plug-in to automatically handle the job vs adding them myself, the instance I am using is brand new, would I be missing another option or have a setting off that needs to be on to get what you’ve shown?

1 Like

First, be sure you have a group already created that you would like these users to join upon sign up. From the Subscription plugin products page:

Click New Product

Fill out Name, Description, and then click “Create New Product”

Then this section will appear. Click on “Add New Plan”

And the Plan section will appear where you can select the group. Give it a nickname, select the group, type in a price, and then click “Create Plan”.

3 Likes

Ok, that works as followed, thank you,

But, I had originally chosen the pre-populated products option and that extended to and populated in my stripe account under “product catalog”

It was an easy set up

Those were expected to work for this scenario, am I to understand they don’t and I need to delete all that and begin again creating each product new?

Thank you for your help

You should be able to see/update what groups are assigned to each pre-populated product.

Either way should work. I guess its up to you and what you are after. Some things can’t be easily deleted, so you will need to uncheck the “active” box if you don’t want to use it.

1 Like

Thanks for your help, I went back to the original products, clicked add new plan but then skipped down to edit the existing products, in that screen it looks like your example, so a lot of new user confusion on my part, sorry to tax you.

1 Like

Blake (or anyone who knows)

This is working for me and I’m happy with it, but curious, can I run this as I have it (monthly support) and also run a separate simultaneous instance for say one off fundraising events?

Thank you

1 Like

Like a whole separate Discourse instance linked to the same Stripe account? Yes, that will work.

Not entirely sure of your use case but you can add a separate product to your existing Discourse site that you can use for your fundraising events. If you don’t want to have it show up on on your subscriptions page you can hide it with css, but still link to it directly at /s/prod_id_asdf. Maybe we should add a “hidden” option so that products can be “active” but “hidden”.

2 Likes

No, I’m not using the banner that indicates a goal amount for monthly subscriptions

But I’d like to be able to use it for a separate fundraising goal while subscriptions are collected separate at the same time.

So it would need to collect statistics separate, those supporting the regular upkeep on one hand and those raising money for the completely different fundraising event, some users may do both but still two separate instances.

So picture you’re running normal collections for rent all the time, and now a new one to replace the outdated appliances, two instances, the second one runs the goal banner letting everyone know how close we are to a new refrigerator.

Or the first one could run the goal banner and the second one is just manually updated, unless you could manage two banners in one, I’d still like to know how to modify the size/shape and looks of the banner to fit my theme, its own component would be ideal with head and css for mobile and desktop

I may ask/expect a lot but this plug-in could be the heartbeat of any forum as all forums need support and people do like fundraisers and supporting a cause

1 Like