Suggested admin user list UI improvements

Not sure about real names but you sure can submit a PR for adding sorting support to these lists :wink:

4 Likes

+1 to add this feature – as an admin for a company intranet Discourse instance, I need to know who’s who, and the username isn’t always helpful. (we don’t enforce any username rules)

The sorting feature is obviously implemented, though not perfectly: once you sort by “created” and navigate away from the page and then return, it does not remember the sorting setting. It would be great if the setting would be remembered…

Not really that would be inconsistent with front page sorting behavior. I do not support adding such an edge case.

If you change sorting, continue navigation and then hit back, it will remember the sort order.

No, it doesn’t. That’s my point… :slight_smile:

Yes it does … I just tested it… url is /admin/users/list/active?order=seen notice the order=seen at the end after you click the sort column.

Yes, it works with order=seen (probably because that is the default order anyway) but it does not work with order=created.

1 Like

Yeah this is buggy…

reported here: Order is not respected on back button when admin user list is re-ordered

#pr-welcome … cc @nbianca

6 Likes