Suggested messages list includes archived messages

When reading and managing private messages in my group inbox, I am finding that the suggested messages at the bottom include archived messages. I think this is a bug because it should only include messages from the inbox. When I’m reading archived group messages I’d expect to see more archived messages in the suggested messages.

It’s the intended behavior. For messages, we prioritize suggestions for other messages with the same groups/users.

hmm… maybe I’m not being sufficiently clear. I’m talking about a group messages inbox and a group messages archive.

When I’m in the group inbox, shouldn’t the suggestions be other group inbox messages? Why is it showing me messages that have been archived?

My goal here is to focus on the messages that I need to handle, and then when I’m done with them move them to the archive. If the suggestions are always archived messages then they don’t help me at all and I have to go back to the group inbox instead of using the suggestions which is a time consuming and sometimes confusing extra step.

When you are viewing a list of messages (group message inbox, archive, etc…), there are no suggestions (like any other topics list).

When you are viewing a message addressed to a group (in the inbox or archived), we’ll suggest unread/new messages from the same group and then messages with the same users/groups.

Ohh… I see. So I guess this is a feature request to have an admin setting to display suggestions separately in group inbox and group archive, like we have for suggested topics and categories.

Otherwise I can see the current functionality is a Very Good Thing.

Thanks!

On reflection, my team’s workflow is not supported by the current group inbox functionality - really what we need is this:

1 Like

@sam is working on something similar to this at the moment.

2 Likes

awesome! :rocket: let us know if we can contribute in any way.

2 Likes

OK I am closing this topic for now, we definitely want to get to enabling tags on messages, it would be very helpful.

4 Likes