T4s can delete accounts? Select non-admin users can view email address?

hello! I have 2 questions here.

I want to give a selected group of employees access to email address. Is that possible?

Can I give T4s access to delete spam posts and accounts?

Hello :wave: :smiley:

The short answer to your question in the title is no.

Admins can obviously see emails. However, with moderators you can allow them to see emails by checking this site setting moderators view emails. What is the reason for this? Just curious :eyes:

You can add TL4 to the delete all posts and topics allowed groups site setting. This would however allow them to delete all posts, not just spam posts.

TL4 don’t have permissions to delete / manage user accounts. This is something moderators can do. You can see what different TLs do in this table

2 Likes

Some employees require customer email addresses to check the logs. They have to depend on me every time they need a forum user’s logs. So I wanted to add them to a group and give that group access to view email address.

I already have a group of moderators, for whom I can’t give PII access. So adding these employees to the Mod group wouldn’t be helpful.

You can give access to a Data Explorer query to a group. So, when you create a query that returns the email address and allow a group to which you added these employees, they can access it.

3 Likes