Tab notifications not clearing

I get a notification on my tab (using a desktop) that there’s something new to look at (post, notification of likes, etc.)

And then, after I look at it, the number will not go away until I refresh the page. It used to just go away after I looked at it.

I asked other users on my forum and they are seeing this as well.

EDIT: This is also happening on mobile

(wasn’t sure what to title this, so please change it to make it more helpful)

2 Likes

This was happening on Meta a few days ago, but I don’t see it anymore, so I suggest updating to latest.

2 Likes

Could you explain what this is? I’m a Moderator, and the Admin that is taking care of our forum doesn’t have any experience with this, so I’ll have to pass along instructions.

2 Likes

The site that you were having the issue with tab notifications on is hosted by us, so we take care of all updates for you. The site was updated by us yesterday. Can you let us know if the issue is still occurring?

2 Likes

The issue started yesterday and still continues today.

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming that. I’ve set myself a reminder to look into the issue at the start of next week.

3 Likes

I see that your site was deployed to the latest Discourse code three days ago. Have you noticed any changes since then in the tab notification numbers?

1 Like

No change. Still have to refresh to clear the tab notifications.

1 Like

I’m still seeing this behavior on Meta.

1 Like

I’m seeing issue with this on Meta as well, but I’m not sure how Discourse is expected to handle the case of users with multiple browser tabs open on a site.

I currently have 4 browser tabs open to Meta. On the tab that I’m active on, the notification number is stuck at 9 (the correct number from earlier today.) On the three tabs that I’m not active on, I see the notification numbers correctly being updated - when I started typing this post the number was at three, I received a new notification and the number is now at 4.

3 Likes

In my case, I only have one Firefox tab open to Meta.

1 Like

Still no change, notifications not clearing.

2 Likes

Still no change; notifications not clearing

3 Likes

The same has been happening on my site as well. Notifications do go up, but don’t clear unless I refresh the page.

3 Likes

Not clearing for me either in Chrome and 2.6.0.beta2 and here on meta.

2 Likes

Yeah, we’re aware of it but we’re having trouble working out what is going on here. It does seem to be something to do with Chrome.

2 Likes

It’s not just Chrome. FF:

3 Likes

As I mentioned 5 days ago, it’s the same on my site. I failed to mention I’m using Firefox. :roll_eyes: If I refresh the tab the notifications number goes away.

2 Likes

Still seeing this in Firefox as well

3 Likes

Checking in; Still seeing this.

Chrome on both desktop & mobile.

4 Likes