Tag removal on Firefox 61.0.2

I’ve just noticed here on meta and on my install of Discourse 2.1.0.beta4, that removing tags via the :x: icon next to the assigned tag doesn’t work on latest Firefox 61.0.2 (it works on Chrome 68).

The only way of removing a tag right now is using the keyboard with Right Arrow and Backspace.

1 Like

That should work ok cc @joffreyjaffeux

I would say this is a Firefox bug, the ember component click event is not firing when it is firing on chrome (probably related to the fact that this specific part of the component is replaced by raw html). I will find a workaround.

edit: yes probably this, it’s often firing on first hit when existing tag, subsequent render are killing the event.

edit2: tried on firefox nightly (63) still having the same behaviour, definitely have to find a workaround…

5 Likes

This should fix it: https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/6a2ca60b48e32802e6c54b4fc8f562b91d0435f9

For some reason, in this specific case the component level click() handler from ember wasn’t working reliably in Firefox.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 19 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

This is still happening on Firefox and Safari. Trying to delete the assigned tag by clicking the tag closes the mini-tag-chooser.

On Chrome it works correctly.

4 Likes

hmmm how is that possible, it was clearly working on firefox the other day. Will check.

4 Likes

I investigated a little bit more, I think it’s working better than before, but still randomly failing (and probably not so random in fact :D). I still think it’s a browser bug, I’m doing nothing fancy here, and it’s perfectly working on chrome. I have a good fix in mind, it’s not trivial, but probably the way to go. Will work on it but don’t expect a fix before next week.

5 Likes

I just pushed this:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/7290765a6202ae217865962a1a5d45725b6a642b

It seems to fix the issue. It’s not the fancy patch I had in mind but should be good enough for now and give me more time to work on a non hacky solution.

7 Likes