Theme components issue

I tried adding the theme selector to my instance but it doesn’t show up, I’ve updated, disabled it and re-added it, cleared cf cache, rebuilt instance. First one I added was dark mode switcher, worked for a few days then Idr what I did then it stopped working, I remember this being a thing some years ago but shocked it’s still happening.

Are you using this TC?

That’s correct, even tried this tc and it worked for a dew days and I think I disabled it to try the theme selector and it stopped working when I enabled it back

Have you tried using it with different themes? What theme are you using?

2 Likes

Can you check if the theme component is attached to your theme?

Also, do you see any error in the browser’s console?

1 Like

A few things to check. First I’d make sure that Discourse and the theme component are up to date.

I would then try using the preview button at the bottom of the theme component’s setting page — this will show the theme component in isolation.

If the preview works, there’s likely a conflict with another theme. If it’s not working in preview I would check if you have Theme can be selected by users enabled on at least 2 themes, which is a requirement for the component to work.

If it’s still not working, maybe right click the page, select inspect, and check for any errors in the console.

2 Likes

Turns out it was me. I didn’t add another theme to the site, I assumed color pallets were “another theme of my default theme”, but still doesn’t explain why the dark mode switcher stopped working. Yes I did everything correctly.

1 Like

Turns out I didn’t do this! I feel so stupid

1 Like