Theme stuck in dark mode

How can I change my website from being dark? It’s stuck in dark mode even if I select mint-light for color palettes

Here’s the website:
https://forum.rihla.education/

Did you choose dark mode in your browser’s or device’s settings?

Oh strange. So that worked for me. So changing system settings really affects the display mode of the website. How can I change that?

I also noticed that some colors don’t transfer from light to dark mode when the browser or OS automatically selects the display mode. Like I have dark mode on system-wide, and the color palette is selected in my Discourse Preferences, but the website is dark and the color is blue in a lot of places. (See below)

But when I switch to light mode system-wide, everything is the correct colors and green where they are supposed to be. (see below)

How can I fix this?

1 Like

I think you need to disable the default dark mode color scheme id site setting if you don’t want to offer a dark mode by default or change the choosen color schemes in your preferences /my/preferences/interface to change it just for you
Explanation of dark mode, how to select it, and how to enable switching

3 Likes

Okay, thank you! Do you happen to know why the color changes between display modes, and if I could do something to fix that somehow?

If you look in your preferences, is the ‘Dark mode’ dropdown different than the default color scheme?

2 Likes

Thank you, it works now