Thumbnails no longer appearing when referencing internal topics

(DanielMorgan) #1

Thinking this might have something to do with my own whitelisting instead of a bug, which is why I’m posting in #support

When posting the link to a post on our forums, we used to get nice thumbnail images inline with the post preview. Now, we get a [00002]-like string of linked text instead of the nice thumbnails. Is there some whitelisting I need to do to get this working with thumbnail images?

How it used to look :cat:

How our instance currently renders the URL: https://forums.tumult.com/t/hype-globalbehavior-custom-behavior-extension/12561 :

We are on version 2.0.3.

(Sam Saffron) #2

We amended it so internal and external oneboxes render using a different engines:

^^^ external onebox

^^^ internal onebox

This is not configurable at the moment, but I do think we are losing out a bit on the “Topic” onebox for internal topics cause we don’t get reading time or number of likes… I wonder if we should revisit adding a tiny bit more meta data for internal topic oneboxes.

(DanielMorgan) #3

Glad to hear you’re considering reverting back. Something like this would be nice for internal oneboxing, where you remove the Forum Title and inline the #support category after the title:

A relative date of the post might be nice after “Reading time: 3 mins :clock2:” but not necessary.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

I would be quite opposed to this, so unlikely to happen. The needs of external linkers and internal linkers are rather different.