Thumbs up, twice

I checked on my test site. Yeah it doesn’t count as official. But I also tested this Reactions + Upvotes + New like button component combo and works for me just as you said. :thinking:

1 Like

Can you try to disable one-by-one these unofficial on admin to figure out which conflicts? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Already did — no luck. Only that works is disabling Upvotes.

I tried one theme without any components and it did not help. But I don’t know how complex Discourse is, if it can be tested that way.

Well, there must be a bit or two off somewhere. I’ll do rebuilding first without Upvotes and after that again with Upvotes.

1 Like

I think I can replicate this finally. :slightly_smiling_face: But only on my live site. It seems to there is a conflict between Discourse Upvotes and Discourse Reactions.

I think maybe this remove like button code in Upvotes

Overrides the Discourse Reaction code.

4 Likes

Nice. I started to questioning my mental health AND my very basic setup :rofl:

I’ve rebuild twice now without and with Upvotes, no luck. I’ve disabled every plugin, no solution. I’ve removed every component and theme, no luck.

It is always same: Upvote or Reactions, but not together.

2 Likes

However you can override it with a component to remove the extra default like button.

Add this to Common / Header

<script type="text/discourse-plugin" version="0.8">
  api.removePostMenuButton("like");
</script>

And if you want to enable the reaction buttons on upvotes topics you can add this to Common / CSS

.qa-topic,
.qa-topic-sort-by-activity {
  .discourse-reactions-actions {
    display: inline-flex;
  }
}
4 Likes

May I give several likes?

Thanks! It works. Yes, it is a fast fix but I don’t mind because I’m so strongly a pragmatic person. Perhaps that’s why it is darn good I don’t code or do devs :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve finally been able to replicate this. :tada: :slightly_smiling_face:

Well, in so much as I blew up my trusty test site and had to make a new one. :slight_smile: But it is indeed now showing two ‘hearts’ when there should only be one:

And Reactions + Upvotes seems to be the magic combo.

3 Likes

Fix here. Should be in soon!

5 Likes