Problem: While using tabbing navigation functionality, the time frame filter lacks a highlight state which can cause accessibility users to miss that functionality of the forum.
- Navigate to the forum home page
- Select the Top sub-menu filter
- Press tab until you reach the end of the sub-menu
- Tab once more and observe that the highlight state disappears.
- Observe that the arrow keys will scroll up and down the page here
- Tab again and observe the highlight state is still absent
- Observe that the arrow keys will open up the time frame filter, indicating that the focus, while invisible, is on the filter.
- A highlight box should be present on selected UI elements so accessibility users can accurately navigate the forums.
The filter I’m referencing: