Title disappears when user sets it

Thanks, I can see the badge is still there after rerunning the BadgeGrant job.

However, it seems there’s another issue related to this BadgeGrant job. I used to manually bulk assign some badges(eg. give out first like or receive first like) to users who cannot get it automatically because such like is given or received in restricted category.

but when the BadgeGrant job was triggered, all users who get such badge from manually bulk assign will lose it.

My Tests:

1. Manually assign a default badge which a user cannot get it automatically due to restricted category issue but he/she meets the requirement. Badge will be removed after running BadgeGrant.

2. Create a customized badge with some SQL, e.g. grant this badge when user post new topic in a specific category. Manually assign this badge which a user cannot get it automatically due to restricted category issue but he/she meets the requirement. Badge will be removed after running BadgeGrant.

3. Create a customized badge, no SQL. Manually assign this badge which a user cannot get it automatically due to restricted category issue but he/she meets the requirement. Badge stays after running BadgeGrant.

I guess this is the correct behavior as all those manually granted users does not meet the SQL query and hence will be kicked out from candidate group. But if that’s the case then most discussion in below topic will make much less sense for forums which has very active restricted categories. Also, to my understand, short-term solution becomes impossible.

Any suggestion here? I can simply stop doing that but just curious if there’s a way to deal with it.

1 Like