Too similar content when original one is deleted

I answered to one user and after sending I realized it went to wrong person. So I copy&pasted text, then deleted first try and answered to right person. That didn’t went thru because content was too similar than previous post.

Sure it was, because it was same :smirk: I reckon that comes because the first try is readable even I deleted it. So, out of curiosity:

• how should I handle such user error because it is guaranteed it will happend again
  • could I post same content after waiting period when it is really deleted from user’s point of view (I don’t remember how many hours that was)
1 Like

Believe that is the “unique post mins” rate limit setting, default is 5 minutes (1/12th of an hour).

Description is: “How many minutes before a user can make a post with the same content again”

1 Like

Propably yes, but is it counting towards deleted posts too? And if yes will it come from soft deleting?

1 Like

Could be, probably since post would still be in the database unless has been fully deleted.

If that is a PM message you wrote you could remove the person you sent that to by mistake first then add the correct person to the same initial PM topic, then you wouldn’t need to delete/recreate that.