Topic activity indicator (blue dot) too large on some Android devices

I really don’t know if it was done on purpose but this has become an annoying distraction. Is there a way to make it behave like it used to? The small blue dot worked just fine.

EDIT: seems like it is only related to mobile, Reproduced on two android devices with latest chrome on android 10.

4 Likes

Can’t this be related to the theme you’re using, rather than Discourse itself ?

I’m using the Light theme so maybe it’s related to that but still that’s a theme that’s shipped by default in discourse and the screenshot is from meta itself :slight_smile:

Can we repro this in the default theme on Android @dax?

1 Like

Mmm no, I can’t repro

It seems to work fine for me on Chrome 85.0.4
183.101 and Android 10 using the Light theme.

4 Likes

I tried to reproduce but with no avail. I get the same as Dax. However, this used to happen in my tablet (amazon tablet but fireOS is based on android) and I got this issue. However, I have never seen it since.

Some additional notes, I tried on a few more devices and seems like I can only replicate the issue on Samsung devices.

Got same behaviour on 3 Samsung phones but it renders fine on xiaomi/poco devices. So there could be a strong chance that Samsung is doing something funny with either chrome or something else that is causing this.

3 Likes

Same on my galaxy s5 :

Android 8, Chrome 85

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s related to Samsung devices, now I can see this issue randomly even opening the site on Firefox with my Huawei Mate 20 Pro

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I had most consistent repro on my family’s Samsung phones only so I suggested that.

This should fix the issue

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/061ab753430d748044a636cf7c79895152fd1bbe

Thanks for reporting it @itsbhanusharma :+1:

7 Likes