Topic List Previews

I was playing some more, and now one image is shown twice:

Good news is then after selecting other image(s) and then back to the middle one, I was able to eventually switch to the right image.

1 Like

Can you check that the two duplicates have different URLs? Unfortunately the algorithm will display all images with discrete URLs.

1 Like

Both images have URL pointing to to Instagram CDN with only difference in path - image1 and image2

2 Likes

that’s the issue - only the entire URL is compared currently. We could strip the path but what if you had two pictures named ‘cat.jpg’ from two different sources? That wouldn’t fly.

1 Like

We had a transient error around this a few days ago, be sure you are on latest version of Discourse.

4 Likes

tile image resolution is bad in my site https://kedi.biz

how can i set higher image resolution for tile image and thumbrail image?

1 Like

Turn this on:

or just increase the thumbnail width:

2 Likes

I’ve deployed some fixes today to further improve the thumbnail selection experience.

3 Likes

Can’t add it to m’y yml

Did you digest the implications of your error message? Try linting your app.yml. This is not really a Topic List Previews issue.

1 Like

It’s ok and running :wink:

2 Likes

Hello.

I used the topic list plugin, which allowed me to enable content related thumbnails on desktop view. However no thumbnail on mobile view.

What do?

1 Like

Add the mobile views from the lists.

1 Like

OK, so… after some CSS work, I really like what your plugin add to discourse. Great !

Just one “little” thing…

I’m trying to use different displays for different views. You can watch it at :

category still under massive work,
Latest uses a list with Thumbnails
Top uses cards with Thumbnails
Others views are basic lists (so far).

My problem : to have both small thumbnails in Recent and non blurred images in Top, I had to check " topic list hotlink thumbnails".

Is there any way to limit this option to Top/cards ? And not in Recent/list ?

3 Likes

two more things :slight_smile:

• clicking on topic list featured image opens topic on 1st post. Any way to have normal discourse behavior ? I’ve probably missed it…

• How can I display a “banner” with those topic list featured… let say everywhere but on Latest ?

1 Like

Try to increase your thumbnail resolution.

By design it goes to first post if you click the preview image (usually from the first post). Clicking on the Title or whitespace on the tile will cause same behaviour as Discourse (latest read post).

It’s either on for all lists or select Categories. It’s fair to say this doesn’t use the same settings convention as the rest of the functionality.

1 Like

What CSS would hide the portfolio button on usercards?

I’ve tried
.portfolio.button.inner {
display:none !important;
}
to no avail

Just switch portfolio off in settings.

4 Likes