Topic List Previews (legacy)

Got it ! I added the tag “portfolio” to some of my posts and hovering on my card shows a “Portfolio” button, then a list of my portfolio tagged posts. Now I will see about presenting them may be in tiles because they are images focus.

2 Likes

Great. Sorry for the limited instructions. It’s a bit complex this plugin!

1 Like

TLP now works with the official Events plugin (discourse-calendar)

https://github.com/paviliondev/discourse-topic-previews/commit/1eff5bad4b9b4af8053ee0cbcb885188aafe6464

https://github.com/merefield/discourse-topic-list-previews-theme/commit/03bda5dcf15f198bbd37b5df7ee45c76e7959f36

6 Likes

I posted about glitches with automatic dark mode, but @pmusaraj pointed out it seems only related to TLP, so just raising it here again:

1 Like

Can you please elaborate? Doubt I’ll get chance to look at this imminently. You can raise a bug report

2 Likes

Hello! I’ve had the Topic List Previews plugin installed for a while now and I recently noticed that it’s been acting up. As you can see in the photo, sometimes the like and bookmark buttons are under the text, sometimes they’re next to the text, and other times they are behind the category box. Also, ‘read more’ is not always clickable. I thought that another plugin might’ve been interacting with this one and causing these issues but I’ve disabled them all and the issue still persists. Any idea what might be causing this and how to fix it? Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

One of my users is reporting seeing topics labeled as bookmarked in galleries even though he hasn’t actually bookmarked them. I’ve been unable to reproduce this so far but can confirm this happens for me too when I impersonate him, so it’s not a local issue. I’m not sure how to best analyze this - any suggestions?

2 Likes

Thanks for the report. Please report them here: Bug Report

Steps to reproduce would be helpful.

1 Like

Dear all,

I am not sure why my website have some display problem when set to Tiles.
Tiles start to overlaps each other after showing around 90 tiles.

The interesting thing is it only happen when viewing in PC with Chrome, Edge and Opera (Chromium-based browsers) but no problem when viewing with Firefox.
I also tried another two computers at my home, they all show the same problem.
(No problem when viewing in Smartphone.)

Update 1:
Testing I have done,
1, Disable all other Theme Components, but result the same.
2, Rebuild the APP, but result the same.
3, Comment out all the plugins I added in app.yml & rebuild the app, but result the same.

Update 2:
I have tried browsing the Examples web site (https://rideabl.es/) you listed above.
It have the same problem as my website. So it seem the problems are not limited to my website only.

Update 3:
Thank you all. I have just summited a bug report in Pavilion.

1 Like

That’s a documented known issue on the theme component. Chrome/Chromium has a limitation. I’ve written more on the bug report and linked the existing discussion. Hence why the Theme Component is marked as ‘experimental’

You just have to consider whether it’s likely users will scroll down so many pages.

If you can live with the simpler feature set then feel free switch to the plugin which uses a more process expensive but more reliable renderer. The main downside with the plugin is tiles are NOT responsive to side bars (unlike the TC).

I aim to decommission the plugin once Chromium has resolved this limitation.

2 Likes

Hi there, been using this plugin for quite some time now and I am extremely grateful that you took the time to provide it for the community. I discovered a bug a week or two ago and just narrowed it down to this plugin I think. If I disable the plugin it works as intended, but once I enable TLP it happens again.

I just discovered the ability to jump to the beginning of a topic by clicking the replies link.

Screenshot--202101142202

The dialog appears, and if I don’t click anything the page simply reloads and goes back to the home. If i click one of the options very quickly, it will load the post at the beginning or end as intended but then the page auto reloads and goes back to the home.

Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have a solution?

1 Like

Believe it or not this feature has never been implemented. You are welcome to raise a bug report. If anyone wants to have a go at a PR feel free. Otherwise I’ll get to it in time.

1 Like

Hello, anyone knows how to make the thumbnail to work in Categories and Suggested Topics of ‘Topic List Previews’ Plugin.

We want our customers can see the thumbnail in Categories and Suggested topics when applying the ‘Topic List Previews’ plug, like the home page in our web https://amzdis.com (Amazon Discount).

But the thumbnails can not show on Categories, See example:

1 Like

And the thumbnails cannot show like the home page in ‘Suggested Topics’.

Desktop version(Screenshot): Best Skin Firming Eye Gel for Anti-wrinkles, Fine Lines, Dark Circles, Puffiness, Eye Bags - Beauty&Personal Care - Amzon Discount

Mobile version(Screenshot):

Any one knows how to setup the thumbnail like the home page in the ‘Categories’ and ‘Suggested Topics’ of ‘Topic List Previews’ Plugin?

1 Like

Now the categories are working . (I setup the ‘settings’ of each category for the topic list preview, see below picture).

But the Suggested Topics, I still cannot find out how to setup the topic list preview, show the thumbnail like the home page(See below in mobile)

Anyone can help? Thank you a lot

2 Likes

Suggested Topic Thumbnails are not supported on mobile in the plugin, originally due to the nature of the mobile implementation in Core. Should be working on desktop though if set up?

However they are supported on the Theme Component version as it receives more attention.

Once the Chromium issue is resolved, I intend to decommission the plugin to focus only on the Theme Component.

See the OP for a complete rundown of the differences.

1 Like

Hi Robert, are you free to develop a new plugin for the Suggested Topic Thumbnails in mobile?

I can pay you.

3 Likes

Thanks to funding support by @AmzDis :+1: TLP styling is available on Suggested Topics on Mobile in the Plugin (this was already the case for the TC). This includes Thumbnails and Tiles format.

Update your plugin to get the new feature. :tada:

At Pavilion, we really appreciate support like this, thanks @AmzDis!

4 Likes

Topic thumbnails has stopped working for us, it’s only showing the topic list default thumbnail

Any ideas? It stopped working, I reinstalled it then I updated the plug in…and it’s still not working.

1 Like

Are you getting a JS error in the console?

There’s a timeout in the plugin - if you pass site setting topic_list_test_image_url_timeout without having downloaded an image, it will switch to the default. Maybe experiment with increasing that duration significantly to see if it changes anything.

2 Likes