Topic Ratings Plugin

I have made sure the topic averages will not be applied to new topics in a non-ratings category or without the ratings tag. Unfortunately this won’t fix existing topics with empty ratings you’ve made in your instance. If that is a significant issue, I’ll see if I can figure out how to fix it.

https://github.com/angusmcleod/discourse-ratings/commit/22444911758280e519f5908cacf259da53df2a57

Right now, every post can vote, even when that user has already replied and voted in the thread.

I can’t reproduce this one. Could you check again if you re-install the plugin. Thanks.

If you do not vote, it counts as 0 stars. I don’t think this is the correct way to handle it: A non-vote should not influence the average at all. And just posting into a thread which can rate should not lower the average opinion about the topic. Besides, once you have klicked onto 1-5 stars, you can never go back to 0 stars, so even if there just had to be a default vote, it would not be correct.

Yes this is an issue. I think the way to handle it is if the user does not select a rating in a post, that post does not get a rating included. That user could still post on that topic with a rating in another post. Of course, once I add the setting to prevent a user posting in a ratings topic more than once, I will have to require that the user adds a rating to their single post. I will fix this one within the next two days.

And a wishlist item: Some way to see the precise average, and how many people have rated the topic how highly. Kinda obvious if you look at amazon or wherever. Just making sure. :wink:

Yes this is possible. I think I’ll add it next to the topic stars and add later a setting to show/hide it. I will do this one on the weekend.

1 лайк