Tracking after "reply as new topic"

If somebody forks one of my messages in a new topic, I lose the tracking of this new topic.

Are you talking about “Reply as new topic” or the admin ability to move existing posts around?

During testing we noticed the gutter link to the newly created topic was lost if the OP was edited.
Is that the case here?

@BhaelOchon : the admin ability to move existing posts around
@Mittineague : the gutter link is present in the two topics (the fork and forked ones)

It’s a new topic, so it defaults to “Regular” tracking (“You will be notified only if someone mentions your @name or replies to your post.”). If you stay in that topic long enough, it will change to “Tracking”. You can change the tracking level yourself, of course.

Would be kind of griefing if I took your post / topic and “replied as new topic” 15 times, and you were forced to track all those new topics.

So this is by design from my perspective.

You are always notified that someone “replied as new topic” to your post (this feature is relatively new), and that should suffice for guidance to check out the new topic, read it (which can infer tracking if over 4 minutes of reading), or reply to it (which infers tracking), or otherwise manually set notifications on it.

* This is what I was missing, sounds perfect to me :lollipop: ! will upgrade

1 Like