Trouble with YJIT?

On an instance that’s managed with ECS, I did the migrations with SKIP_POST_DEPLOYMENT_MIGRATIONS=1 in a docker container in a EC2, launched the new image on ECS and then failed to rake db:ensure_post_migrations db:migrate (actually, I did them, but on the wrong database). Then I realized I hadn’t done the post migrations and did them. I was then able to log in via the UX and was able to see somuser.password_algorithm and friends in rails on the ECS instance, BUT in the browser, new user creation was still failing with NoMethodError (undefined method password_algorithm=’ for #<User id: `

I finally did an sv stop unicorn to make sure that I was on the right server, sure enough the browser got a 502, and when I restarted the unicorn, I was then able to create a user.

I don’t know if this was somehow related to the yjit template that I added or it’s just something else stupid that I did. I guess I’m going to do another practice run of doing this upgrade on the staging instance before I do it on production. If it happens again, I’ll report it.

Sounds like a bad deploy and running code that didn’t match the migrations, nothing to do with YJIT.

4 Likes

Sounds right to me. I’m not exactly happy with the number of ways this particular process can fail, but that’s my fault at this point.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.