Trying to understand "staff" slots and moderation in hosted plans

Yeah, this recent series of changes does seem to largely address my concerns. I think what’s maybe missing is y’all adding references to these changes to the documentation about user roles. While the page about roles doesn’t literally say that only users with Admin/Mod roles have access to the listed features, my brain interprets it that way.

In particular, adding basic info about the Group Owner role to that page (with a link to the Group Owners-specific page for more info) alongside the Category Moderator section would be great - as would adding a column indicating which settings are accessible to Group Owners on the fancy Trust Levels Table.

It does seem like some of this is maybe still in progress (?), so if my request is premature, consider it a “when this is live” request! :smiley:

For context, my experience with user permissions comes from Stack Overflow - I was a Community Manager there for five years, and most of the privileges I’ve mentioned are granted to the volunteer mods for the sites - so I’m pretty familiar with large communities. :wink: I say this totally tongue-in-cheek - it’s nice to see Discourse user privileges aligning more with what SO has come to rely on.

6 Likes