TypeError: this.model is undefined for anonymous user when loading topic

Hello,

I have run into an issue after the latest update 3.3.0.beta1-dev. The update ran without a hitch and everything looks OK - as long as you are logged in.

For anonymous users the start page looks fine. But there is an issue loading a topics body - you can see the title, the scrollbar is there to scroll through all the posts, but the text is not beeing loaded:

The error message I can see in my Browser console is:

Chrome:
retort.js:48 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'postStream')

Firefox
Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: this.model is undefined

Complete trace:

Can someone point me in a direction on how to fix this issue?

I’m afraid Retort is currently broken and would need to be removed from your app.yml before rebuilding your site again.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply!

Do you know if this might break something? Or will the Emote Reactions just disappear from posts?

The data should remain in the backend, but all the functionality will be removed. So the emote reactions will not be displayed on the posts, but if it gets fixed and reinstalled they should then come back again:

1 Like

Thanks again - rebuild worked and looks like the issue is resolved :grinning:

I just got pinged as well :grinning:

But I think I will go with the named alternative then:

I’m going to be looking after this plugin for a short time, so I’ll take a look!

1 Like

But the recommendation to switch is valid? I liked Retort :grinning: would not change otherwise.

1 Like

I’ve raised a PR to Retort to fix the issue (and another I discovered).

The advice remains the same, its up to you when to switch.

3 Likes

PR has been merged (thanks @angus)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.