Ulysses markdown editor and Discourse?

Ulysses is one of quite many markdown editors that Apple’s app store offers. Quite expensive for my taste, but it works quite nicely. I used it quite much when I did more content to WordPress.

I could connect Ulysses and WordPress quite easily and all I did was publishing on my iPad and article was copied to WordPress and published.

Because of AI I need such streamlined workflow again. Yes, I can copy from Ulysses and paste into Discourse, but I love automation because I am quite lazy person.

So, The Big Question™ is if someone ever connected Ulysses and Discourse? No, I haven’t even tried yet, because I hate trying to invent a wheel again, if someone has done such operation before… So if it is possible is there something I should be aware of?

2 Likes

I’m a user of Ulysses too. As far as I can tell, their integrations are internal and there’s no API, i.e. they’d need to collaborate on building a Discourse integration.

It looks like they currently use Circle as their community solution. Perhaps someone could pitch them to migrate to a community solution (Discourse) that reflects their stack and ethos (e.g. markdown), and collaborate with them on an integration at the same time.

5 Likes

What a bummer. Then I have to use the next best solution, because I have enabled email. Publishing (as markdown) → share → send as mail

Thanks, I didn’t waste time. I’m a bit sceptical theirs willingness to create such Discourse-option, because the issue may be in the foundation of the app and its tech. But I’m just guessing with zero knowledge.

3 Likes