Unable to see chat composer or type when banner is visible

Today when the keyboard appeared I wasn’t able to scroll the main screen down.

3 Likes

I don’t experience this

1 Like

Usually I don’t either. I’ve noticed it not working perfectly before but this time thought I should report it. I’m happy to answer questions about it :slight_smile:

I’ve just noticed. When I type blindly and click “Done” the letters I’ve typed do appear on the message.

1 Like

This happened on android a bit ago, I cant reproduce on my iPhone 12.

I think it was the banner. When I dismiss it, it all works fine.

4 Likes

I was getting the same bug on iOS and oddly didn’t think to post in a topic :man_facepalming:t3:

The banner only appeared for me after clicking in the reply box and then yes, once I dismissed the banner, I was able to see the reply box again.

1 Like

Or is it just focus that has been an issue sometime now? It works after chat gets a push.

Yes there can be issues where you need to touch the scroll list upward first, I will make further improvements in the near future, this is quite complex to get right.

4 Likes

Guys, this is still an issue and I believe it’s the banner. It appears it may not be being accounted for in the layout calculations.

When the banner is dismissed the issue goes away as per @jimkleiber

4 Likes

@merefield I suspect we may have a few of these issues still lingering around so I just want to check which one you saw most recently. Was it here meta with the “we’re hiring” banner? Or something else?

2 Likes

Yes, it was the “we’re hiring” banner specifically.

(Thanks for your consideration and appreciate the efforts everyone is making to evolve and improve this important part of Discourse.)

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll make sure this is still on our list to get fixed up.

2 Likes

Just tested this now and it looks good to me.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.