Steps to Reproduce
- Go to a community where you have admin privileges
- Customize the moderator queue priorities to give “Something Else” a priority of “Low”
- Customize the moderator queue priorities to give “Off-Topic” a priority of “Medium”
- Flag a post with “Something Else” as the reason and “Testing things out.” as the message
- Flag a different post with “Off-Topic” as the reason
- Navigate to the moderator review queue
- Ensure that “Status” is “Pending”
- Ensure that “Order by” is set to “Priority”
- Click “Refresh”
Expected: Moderator queue entries to be sorted from highest to lowest priority
Actual: Moderator queue entries are sorted from lowest to highest priority
Workaround: Setting “Order by” to “Priority (reverse)” sorts the flagged posts in the desired order, highest priority to lowest.
From a developer point of view, I can understand why the default sort order would be ascending and “reverse” would be descending. But I expected the opposite to be the case and I believe the average non-developer user would as well.
Possible solution: Rename “Priority” human text to “Priority (low to high)” and “Priority (reverse)” human text to “Priority (high to low)”
Related? Order of reviewed flags on review queue … but it is dealing primarily with “Status” set to “(all reviewed)”