This is quite an edge case, might be a bug, and I am curious if there is a good solution for this.
@sam I’m tagging you because if anyone should know, I it’s probably you.
Consider a multisite installation.
- Forum A is added to the multisite
- A plugin that modifies the database is installed (for instance the chat plugin which adds chat_enabled to user_options)
- Migrations are run and columns are added to some tables on forum A
- The plugin is removed, columns will remain
- Forum B is added to the multisite
- We now have forum A and forum B on a single multisite with different column definitions in
multisite:seed_furuns into problems (I think because of ActiveRecord model caching?)
#<ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid: PG::UndefinedColumn: ERROR: column user_options.chat_enabled does not exist LINE 1: ...lendar", "user_options"."oldest_search_log_date", "user_opti...