Unread messages blue numbers appearing in Latest lately (when they shouldn't)?

I just got another topic showing 1 unread message (blue number) when that shouldn’t have happened (or I don’t understand why). This one: Email for specific category It’s really not happening frequently. Just once in a while. It seems it always only shows 1 unread message (I’m not sure yet about that. I’ll try to keep track). I tried to compare the 3 topics it happened until now, I don’t see any noticeable pattern.

Nobody else does notice this ?

(Or it’s a date/time thing ? It seems maybe it happened again exactly 1 week after the last time ?)

After giving some thought to this thing, it could be that it appears when leaving the browser open on latest and I return and click the blue bar “See x new or updated topics”. It would only happen in that situation to messages posted during a short timeframe early Sunday morning !?

Not sure at all (I’ll check the theory going forward), but it would seem to make sense according to what I witnessed. There is maybe not many people leaving their browser open on latest for extended periods of time (which I happen to do), so that could explain it hasn’t been seen very much.

If you want to try to reproduce @simon , you can give it a shot: Let your browser open on latest during next week-ends and hit the blue bar to see new messages after a while. If I guessed correctly, maybe it will happen.

I just continue on this: Where I’m at now is that it seems to be linked to keeping meta open in a browser on latest and clicking over time on the blue bar to see the new messages. Interesting point: It just happened for one topic, I entered into it, got out with the back button, and there were more of them after that (indeed only a “1” blue number for each topic every time), but just hitting the “reload page” in the browser made them disappear.

So it may happen when not reloading the page for several days, and using it “continuously” (unless the problem is on my side !?)

2 Likes