Upgrade Error from v1.6.0.beta1 to 1.6.0.beta2?


#1

Hello,

I tried to upgrade today from beta1 to beta2. In that process somehow it got stuck and it showed as upgrading… I reseted the upgrade now it shows i am at the latest version when i am not?


#2

I hope I’m not hijacking your thread, and it’s not the same error as yours, but when I tried updating from +281 to beta 2 yesterday it would always fail with the following:

$ cd /var/www/discourse && git fetch && git reset --hard HEAD@{upstream} HEAD is now at e7d1fa8 Merge pull request #4186 from shaktikatare1989/suspention-details-in-log . . . . . Compressing: docker-manager-app-c32d676193f61b3085ec0e77f8d9fca361291a549828d82d1e33c356786f8ca0.js gzip /var/www/discourse/public/assets/docker-manager-app-c32d676193f61b3085ec0e77f8d9fca361291a549828d82d1e33c356786f8ca0.js Bundling assets Compressing Javascript and Generating Source Maps rake aborted! Errno::ENOMEM: Cannot allocate memory - gzip -f -c -7 /var/www/discourse/public/assets/docker-manager-app-c32d676193f61b3085ec0e77f8d9fca361291a549828d82d1e33c356786f8ca0.js > /var/www/discourse/public/assets/docker-manager-app-c32d676193f61b3085ec0e77f8d9fca361291a549828d82d1e33c356786f8ca0.js.gz /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.0.0/gems/activesupport-4.2.6/lib/active_support/core_ext/kernel/agnostics.rb:7:in ``' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.0.0/gems/activesupport-4.2.6/lib/active_support/core_ext/kernel/agnostics.rb:7:in ``' /var/www/discourse/lib/tasks/assets.rake:108:in `gzip' /var/www/discourse/lib/tasks/assets.rake:161:in `block (4 levels) in ' /var/www/discourse/lib/tasks/assets.rake:125:in `call' /var/www/discourse/lib/tasks/assets.rake:125:in `block in concurrent?' /var/www/discourse/lib/tasks/assets.rake:152:in `call' /var/www/discourse/lib/tasks/assets.rake:152:in `block (3 levels) in ' /var/www/discourse/lib/tasks/assets.rake:141:in `each' /var/www/discourse/lib/tasks/assets.rake:141:in `block (2 levels) in ' /var/www/discourse/lib/tasks/assets.rake:125:in `concurrent?' /var/www/discourse/lib/tasks/assets.rake:137:in `block in ' Tasks: TOP => assets:precompile


(Sam Saffron) #3

Be sure to add swap to this instance of yours.


#4

Already has 2GB swap. I added swap immediately after the Droplet was created.


(Sam Saffron) #5

What does free return?


#6

It returns that I should hang my head in shame. I added swap but did not edit the /etc/fstab file, so I lost swap during a reboot somewhere. I have corrected that.

I also went ahead and added the following entries to /etc/sysctl.conf:

vm.swappiness=10 vm.vfs_cache_pressure=50


(Dave Higgins) #7

Returning to this topic’s original flavour of upgrade error:

Me too

after git pull and ./launcher rebuild app


(Peter) #8

I have the same problem described in more details here: Cannot access topics after upgrade from 1.6.0.beta1 to beta2


#9

Bumping this topic since it got derailed, i did git pull and rebuild too


(Jeff Atwood) #10

Did you reboot your server?


#11

Nope? Should i do that?


(Jeff Atwood) #12

Yes, you should try that.


#13

Same result after rebooting


(Peter) #14

What mechanism is there to use v1.6.0.beta2 if there is a more recent test_pass version? It looks like my build is saying the identical (wrong) thing and pointing to this commit but stating this is v1.6.0.beta1+281. I’ll try if my problem still happens if I explicitely use


#15

Umm any other way i can solve this??


(cpradio) #16

You are simply referring to the version mis-match right? If so, don’t sweat it. You can always visit admin/upgrade to pick up the latest changes. My sandbox is showing the same thing as your screenshot.


#17

Same here:

I’ve already tried:

cd /var/discourse
git pull
./launcher rebuild app

(Sam Saffron) #18

Well then this is completely unrelated to the OP on the topic but somehow we forgot to bump versions right @neil

Meta is at v1.6.0.beta1 +316 … latest is beta2


(Jeff Atwood) #19

Well that explains all the version issue reports :frowning:


(Neil Lalonde) #20

Hmm I don’t see how we forgot to bump version.

Both master and beta branches have the version.

The installed_describe value is wrong, but everything else is correct:

Something about this isn’t working anymore:

installed_describe: `git describe --dirty`