User setting to disable post notices for first-time and returning users

I was wondering: is there a way to disable post notices for first-time and returning users on a per user basis? Having read the announcement post it seems, it can be only done on a per community basis, but I would like to turn them off for communities where I’m just a regular user (e.g. here on Discourse Meta) and where I do not have admin rights. So far, I haven’t found anything in the settings, but maybe I’m just not looking in the right place.

(there was an older support post on this, but if I understood it correctly, there the OP ended up not wanting a per user setting)

1 Like

No, there’s no per-user setting for these. The primary feature for controlling visibility of these is a site-wide trust level setting returning user notice tl — but this is primarily a way to not show them to new users.

This is probably worth keeping around as a feature request to gather interest, so I’ve re-categorized it. Perhaps this could be bundled with the user setting Skip new user onboarding tips and badges?

3 Likes

Thanks! Keeping it as a feature request is appreciated.

And though I feel, it is a bit different from the onboarding tips, I wouldn’t be completely opposed to combine it with that setting (to keep the number of options from expanding).