Users waiting for approval message recipients

Continuing the discussion from Groups no longer listed as participating in personal messages?:

This problem still exists for me after updating, so maybe it wasn’t related.

When I receive a “N new users waiting for approval” message, each individual moderator appears in the recipient list, rather than the @moderators group:

Looking back over old messages, maybe this is how it’s always been. It would be nice if this message was sent to @moderators, so it ends up in the group inbox :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hmm is that the way it works now @neil? Probably cleaner to target the @group.

It does indeed still target staff usernames directly rather than the staff group. I agree it would make sense to target the staff group instead.

1. I’m actually experiencing an odd issue with this message on my neighborhood forum at the moment. I am getting the “1 user waiting for approval” message regularly, but when I click the link to go to the review queue there is nothing in there. I do have the must approve users setting enabled. I’m not sure what to do to make this go away.

2. I think we intend to “roll up” multiple notifications like this instead of displaying a list of them. Here’s how my notifications looked this morning.
    Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 8.49.17 AM

3. While troubleshooting (1) I looked in the messages for staff on my site (I have 3 moderators including myself) and they all have a list of these messages in their inbox. But when I look at each individual message I see there is an odd mix of recipients. Sometimes it’s just one moderator, sometimes it’s two moderators, and sometimes it is all three of us.