Uzbek Language?

One of my sites is popular in Uzbekistan, but the users there are having trouble understanding the notification emails. They tend to reply to the notification emails instead of clicking on the reply buttons.

This post says that Uzbek was added, but I don’t see it on this site or on mine. I tried the plugin mentioned here but the only things translated there are the month names. Does anyone know if it’s available?

The parts that would be most useful to have translated into Uzbek are the parts in the emails and the forum UI about how to reply to posts.

2 Likes

I’ve just had a quick look on crowdin, and it seems there’s no progress on the Uzbek translations. If you have a couple of members who are interested in contributing I believe they can sign up and submit some?

https://discourse.crowdin.com/discourse

6 Likes

I’ll try to find someone. I think most of the users are young and don’t speak much English, so they don’t seem to understand how to reply to things, even when I explain it (in English).

Edit: Actually I’m looking closer and some of them have the language set to Russian and still are replying to the email notifications by email. I’ll try to figure out what is going on.

2 Likes

I’ve had similar issues. In my understanding, quite a few people in Central Asia tend to confuse the automated digest with a personal email sent by site staff. So the best thing you could do is to modify the text of the email to underline the “no-reply” character of the message.

2 Likes