Verified user plugin?

I’m looking for verified user feature like we see on Twitter. that blue icon. Is there any plugin which has that functionality?

43%20AM
thanks!

2 Likes

You’d need to add a user custom field and then create a theme component that would create the styling you want when that field had whatever value you chose to mean verified.

On my forum we facilitate this via a group, which is set to the primary group of all its members, and which changes the user’s title to “Verified” and grants them trust level 3

Optionally, you could use an emoji in the user title if you wanted. Example:

8 Likes

Yeah. Something that assigned group membership, perhaps via api is probably what to do.

At Blinqer, we create a group called “Verified” and add an avatar flair and optionally you could add a title.

We add users we want to be “verified” to this group and voila:

9 Likes

@ChrisBeach, @nexo, @pfaffman thank you very much! I will try this solution.

4 Likes

@nexo somehow this is not working for me. I removed all plugins from my site and also theme components.

icon is shown in admin settings but not on user profiles. I do see only title on user profile but not icon. I created verified group, added below icon and set title as a verified…all other settings are default. Am I missing any setting?

This is how user profile looks…no verified icon
36%20PM

It has to be the primary group for the flair to show.

8 Likes

thanks @pfaffman, I missed that :frowning: it is working now.

3 Likes