Very minor issue about hovering a user's avatar who's currently replying

When we hover the mouse on a user’s avatar who’s replying, the title tag that appears is their full name:

I was confused at first, I was like “who’s Douglas? Does he already have posted in this thread?”

Yes, he did multiples times in fact:

But on the post list, on my forum, only usernames are displayed. You only see full names when you click the avatar to open the user card. Even being the admin and an active user, I ignore the full names of most users. Still, full names here are still a useful addition and I don’t intend to get rid of them.

So, maybe the title tag on a user’s avatar who’s replying should contain the username instead when the site setting display name on posts is unchecked? :man_shrugging:

Would implies this:

4 Likes

Thank you for bringing this up, we are working to fix this now.

3 Likes

Next step, make the replying avatar clickable so it shows the user card. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Canapin I looked into this, and I think it’s behaving the same as other avatars in Discourse. If the prioritize username in ux site setting is enabled, it will use the the username. Otherwise, it will use the Full Name.

Can you double check the value of that site setting on your site? Here on meta it’s disabled, and so it will show the full name on mouseover.

Yeah the lack of user cards has frustrated me as well! Let’s fix that:

6 Likes

The setting was unchecked indeed. That makes sense. Thank you for the explanation. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 12 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.