Viewing edit activity

As an admin or moderator, is there a way to view the history of a user’s edits to other people’s posts? And/or a way to view a global history of all edits to others’ posts? I’d like to occasionally do a read-through to make sure such edits are reasonable, and be able to provide feedback to Regular-level members on how to make good edits.

1 Like

Data Explorer Plugin. The query you will want to start with

SELECT *
FROM post_revisions

You will probably want to eventually add date filters as I believe it limits to 200 results.

4 Likes

We have since added a built in report for this in the admin dashboard.

6 Likes

Awesome, thanks! I’ll check it out.

2 Likes

I think there may be a bug. When I visit https://community.letsencrypt.org/admin/reports/post_edits?end_date=2019-06-05&start_date=2019-05-01, I see “Post Edits — No data to display.”, even if I hit “Refresh Report” multiple times.

I know there are edits because I lifted our restrictions on edits, and we recently got another instance of a spammy edit.

Can you repro this @tshenry

1 Like

I’m not able to repro at the moment. Still digging.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey Jacob, I just wanted to follow up here and let you know the issue with the Post Edits report has been fixed. You should see a nice a full list of post edits on the report going forward :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks! This is working great. Interestingly, in the time since I originally reported this, I came across a related need for a Post Edit report. Spammers are posting innocuous things and later editing them to contain links.

The current Post Edit report only shows when User A edits User B’s post, which is definitely what I originally requested. It’s a little confusing though that it leaves out when User A edits User A’s post.

I think my use case is adequately solved by the Data Explorer query described here, so I’m not requesting a code change, but I would recommend tweaking the title of this report to something like “Cross-user edits” or similar. :slight_smile:

Thanks again for all your help.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.