Voice Recorder Component

I made the PR :+1:

9 Likes

Are there plans to add voice chat? Instead of recording messages, the idea of recording sessions with a guest, like a podcast?

2 Likes

Hi, I am not familiar with GitHub :confused:, can I install this on my self hosted site and if yes, how? Thanks.

1 Like

Another possible implementation for inline auto-transcribing of uploaded audio files (including those created with this component) could be a separate theme component

(or could be integrated into the Media Overlay component)

using an existing open-source script that incorporates Interactive transcripts - Wikipedia like ableplayer or hyperaudio

5 Likes

Here is the guide…

4 Likes

Thanks, I am used to install components by copy/pasting an URL from this site but not from GitHub, is the URL to use is this one?: FEATURE: Add chat support by Arkshine · Pull Request #7 · paviliondev/discourse-voice-recorder · GitHub

2 Likes

No its this one (at least until it gets merged)…

4 Likes

https://github.com/Arkshine/discourse-voice-recorder
Don’t forget the branch: feature/chat-support

This is an image of a computer screen displaying a GitHub repository installation wizard.  (Captioned by AI)

5 Likes

Practically everything you install comes fron GitHub :smirk: But by ”this” do you mean component itself (from the very first post) or what Arkshine just published and is waiting for approval/merging?

I reckon you think that latter one. It is ”just” request to update original one. When that small tag in inbox changes from open to merged you just update installed component as usually on Discourse.

2 Likes

Yes I meant that, but I’ll wait until that functionality is stable (of that’s probably not the right term, lets’ say official :slightly_smiling_face:)

3 Likes

Yes, it still needs to be reviewed. Even if it works for BCPA and me, it might require some changes.
If you can’t wait, you can use my fork, but waiting for it to be merged into the original repository is also fine. :+1:

6 Likes

Translated:

Hello, I would like to know how to get projects on Crowdin. The open projects were already completed.

Olá , gostaria de saber como faço para ter projetos no crowdin? Os projetos em aberto já estavam concluídos.

2 Likes

It looks like pt-BR is already fully translated for this theme, see: https://pavilion.crowdin.com/discourse-voice-recorder

4 Likes