Votes don't Merge when we combine posts

Thanks so much for testing that out @samuelgrant!

@Jummivana - if your site isn’t running our standard install, it’s very possible there’s an issue with how the plugin stores data conflicting with the install method, as demonstrated by Samuel.

2 Likes

Just heard back from our web team, they used the official guide to install. Makes this more curious!

Hey @justin,

Following up on this topic. We just found that merging votes works IF we checkmark “Allow users to see who voted?” checked. Is this by design? I’d love to be able to merge votes and still keep votes private if possible.

Thanks!

Jayne

4 Likes

Going to bump this as I’ve noticed the same behaviour. I’m not sure if this is intended or something that’s been overlooked.

As a fellow moderator, I feel as if votes should still merge into other topics regardless of voter visibility. From my view, votes should still merge regardless of whether “allow users to see who voted” is checked. There are a lot of topics which require merging and some users have already voted on those smaller topics. When merging those to a main topic, it’s a shame to waste those votes and tell them to recast. It may seem logical by not merging votes if set to private, however we’d prefer the privacy on user votes for a number of reasons. It seems slightly odd to me if they only merge when shown to the public when there are private voting settings.

Even an update on this would be appreciated. :wink:

Is this something that could be changed?

2 Likes

Thanks Thomas! Checking in again on this question to @justin :slight_smile:

We just found that merging votes works IF we checkmark “Allow users to see who voted?” checked. Is this by design?

1 Like