We're Hiring a Sysadmin

Discourse has been growing by leaps and bounds, and we’re deep into the 1.3 release, which has some exciting new features.

Along with this growth, there have been some growing pains, mostly in the area of keeping up with configuration changes in our infrastructure. Which reminds me, have you followed @discourse on Twitter? If not, you should!

It has become very clear that we need someone here at Discourse working full time on system adminstration and ops.

This topic is for comments on the original blog entry at: http://blog.discourse.org/2015/04/were-hiring-a-sysadmin/

12 Likes

If I don’t fulfill every single requirement with excellence, should I even bother applying?

I’m pretty sure this will get plenty of applications and you’ll probably filter out based on that first. Right? :stuck_out_tongue:

The main requirement needs to be strongly met:

Deep Linux sysadmin background, ideally in a hosting environment

3 Likes

This sounds like a calling but I’d be dead weight while learning the ropes of the items underlined at “automation experience” and “tools we rely on”. I planned on learning those technologies but again, temporarily unable to do standard due to knowledge limitations.

I am also available on call since I really don’t sleep that much, haha.

Best of luck to whoever nabs this dream job.

1 Like

I’m interested on the job :heartpulse: Count me in.

I would have tried but I’m from Russia :areyoukiddingme:

I know someone who might be interested if this position still open, I’ll send him the link.

1 Like

Has this been filled yet? I’m currently hunting a bit and might be interested. I’ve mainly been software engineer but I always wind up also doing devops/sysadmin for whomever I work for, and I’ve been running a small webhosting service on the side for over a decade. Unix Sysadmin is where I started…

Has not been filled, feel free to apply, particularly if we “know” you from meta!

Application sent :smile: Let me know what you think!