I’m customizing Discourse to allow us to do some project management.
My question is, what are options available for handling due dates / deadlines?
Here’s one I’m playing with.
Discourse Event + Discourse Assign
- Create an event with a date
- Assign the event to a person
- Use the calendar view to see what deadlines are coming up and who is assigned to what
- One calendar showing all the events across every category instead of being able to see events on the calendar only in one category may get to be too much. Screenshot below shows events from two different categories and makes no distinction between the two.
- Assigning someone to an event topic doesn’t remind them that the event is coming up, right?
- Event date doesn’t show up on the Assigned page
This is from @tobiaseigen
Use Bookmark Reminders
- Reminder dates don’t show up on assigned either, though they do show up in bookmarks
- No transparency into upcoming deadlines across the entire team, just deadlines for individuals
I’d be curious to hear how you all do it!