What does "helpful flags" mean on the user page?

(Lê Trần Đạt) #1

I’ve been using Discourse for 4 months, however, I don’t know what “helpful flags” is

List of full moderation tools?
(cpradio) #2

It is the number of times the person has pressed the flag button on a post that results in a moderator action (whether it is agree, disagree, or deferred – they are all counted)

(Mittineague) #3

Yes, unless that member is abusing the feature to “blacken” a “competitor” or whatever
I take that as a very good indication that they at least care enough about the direction they think the forum should be going to bother Flagging

Over-all a good thing to see

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Almost. This only counts agreed and deferred, not disagreed. @zogstrip can confirm. Disagreed flags are not counted here.

(Mittineague) #5

So if I Flagged all posts by codinghorror to hopefully “down vote” him in some way, but the Moderators knew better, I would get no “helpful Flags”?

Sounds fair to me, Would I get “unhelpful Flags” at some point to bring attention to my abusiveness?

(cpradio) #6

Fairly certain it is all of them… (but I may be missing something here…)

(TechnoBear) #7

It is all of them. I noticed this when I was testing flagging some time ago, and a quick check now confirms it’s still the same - on our instance (Beta4) anyway.

(Régis Hanol) #8

@codinghorror I can confirm that @cpradio is right. “number_of_flags_given” is all of the flags ever casted by that user.

(Régis Hanol) #9

FYI: I just pushed a fix to make number_of_flags_given return the number of helpful flags (like @codinghorror said).

(Régis Hanol) #10