When changing forum language, do URLs update?

I just switched one of my Discourse installs to a different language via the admin panel, and I am wondering if the URLs for things like the Terms of Service or Privacy Policy are supposed to change? or will they always stay at mywebsite.com -&nbspThis website is for sale! -&nbspmywebsite Resources and Information.? Can I assume that if the privacy policy didn’t translate when I changed language that there isn’t a translation available for it?

(Jeff Atwood) #2

I don’t think there are translations for the privacy policy and TOS, since that’s not handled the “normal” way through Transifex…

(Régis Hanol) #3

Actually, privacy policy, TOS and FAQ are all translatable via transifex (and some already are translated) :wink:

@zogstrip cool! I’m hoping to translate them into Brazilian Portuguese, but I’m having trouble finding them in Transifex… any pointers? Is there something I need to do to get those translations started?

(Régis Hanol) #5

They are in the server.yml file. Look for faq, privacy.

Ahh yes, thanks!! Do you know if the Welcome Message is also translatable via Transifex?

(Régis Hanol) #7

I’d say 98% of Discourse is translatable. Have you tried searching for welcome? :wink:

Will do, thanks for your help!