Where can I find API key?

Hi I am new to Discourse. I want to add this kind of forum in my wordpress site. I have installed the Discourse plugin. Plz help me to get api key. I did not find exactly the url from where i can get api.

Go to /admin/api/keys on your Discourse site, if you haven’t generated one yet then you will need to. Then you can copy the key and paste it into the WP plugin.

2 Likes

Can you read through this and see if you still have any questions?
WP Discourse plugin installation and setup

4 Likes

there is one url option to give for discourse…for example my website is wp.com then i have given this url to wp.com/discourse after then i need to go wp.com/discourse/admin/api …it is ryt?

You are populating the SSO settings in WP right?. These are at WP-sitename/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wp_discourse_options

The API key needs to be generated at Discourse-sitename/admin/api/keys then you can copy the value of the key from the Discourse site to the setting on the WP site.

The SSO secret is similar, see @simon’s excellent instructions.

It sounds as if you’re trying to install the wordpress discourse plugin in order to [quote=“Rajesh_Choudhary, post:1, topic:58816”]
add this kind of forum in my wordpress site
[/quote]

That’s not what the plugin does. Discourse is a separate application which (in most scenarios) runs on a separate server (see the install guide). The wordpress plugin allows a wordpress website and a Discourse forum to be interlinked, but you need to setup discourse first.

5 Likes

That sounds like the problem, @david. @Rajesh_Choudhary, you need to install Discourse first.

1 Like