Why am I not a Leader anymore?

I mean, come on…That was my pride and joy.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Actually it is ok…I have been out of the loop for over 6-7 revisions. Plus I don’t host a discourse site anymore.

Keep in mind, this is going to be renamed “Regular”

… and as the new name implies, it goes a way when you stop being “Regular”

The names are in flux i.e. changed some places, others not. But maybe you missed seeing
https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-do-user-trust-levels-do/4924/6?u=mittineague

Unlike other trust levels, you can lose trust level 3 status. If you dip below these requirements, whether from flagging or the passage of time, you will be demoted to Regular. However, in order to avoid constant promotion/demotion situations, there is a 2-week grace period immediately after gaining Trust Level 3 during which you will not be demoted.

A bit confusing Regular will be demoted to Regular, but you get the idea.

1 Like

haha! that’s gross…but I get the point.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Regular is a horrible name because it implies normalcy, not standout/special behavior.

7 Likes

Yes…I prefer to be recognized as a ‘special behavior’ regular.

Which kind of evokes thoughts of short buses pulling up to school and me getting off with a bicycle helmet strapped to my head and sporting a sparkly I (heart) kittens t-shirt.

Is it something admins can specify themselves? I’d probably call it Community Moderator or Helper on some of my forums…

1 Like

There’s a whole other topic specifically devoted to discussing the name issue. Some of you are active in it, even. Please keep that discussion over there.

https://meta.discourse.org/t/poll-veteran-vs-leader/19454

The reason people aren’t leaders any more (isn’t that the question asked here?) is because leaders are now (confusingly) just regular users.

Wouldn’t say so - for me, the connotation of “regular” is that of a regular at a bar or a restaurant.

You visit often, you are known to other regulars and the bartender might call you using your first name. You are, in other words, something more special than the average visitor.

For the metrics applied to TL 3, “regular” really is the best fit.

4 Likes

[quote=“downey, post:9, topic:19610”]
The reason people aren’t leaders any more (isn’t that the question asked here?) is because leaders are now (confusingly) just regular users.[/quote]
No, I don’t think the change has taken place, yet. @Sam is still a “Leader”, and the “badges” page still lists the usual “Basic - Regular - Leader - Elder”.

No. @Frank lost TL3 because he stopped being as active on Meta, not because of the change in nomenclature. Look at his profile page vs. yours, specifically at the “trust level” field. You are no longer a “leader” due to the name change, but you’re still TL3. And in point of fact, that’s only half-accurate, because your title still says “leader.”

AFAIK the only place it has (partially) changed is @codinghorror 's posts explaining Trust Levels

This is correct. I went AWOL for almost a month (maybe more). I got lots of catch up reading to do.