Why users sign up to receive e-mail especially slow?

Why users sign up to receive e-mail especially slow?Generally 10 minutes,But the test email is received in seconds ,Are Where incorrectly set?Thank you

1 Like

I’ll have a look.

By default we wait 10 minutes before sending an email notification (allowing users to edit their post and allowing us to roll-up notifications) but this should not be applied to sign-up emails.

1 Like

Yes, I do not know where the problem lies

I am using a corporate type mailbox,in China ,E-mail settings are as follows

DISCOURSE_DEVELOPER_EMAILS: 'business@abc.com'

## TODO: The domain name this Discourse instance will respond to
  DISCOURSE_HOSTNAME: 'www.abc.com' 

## TODO: The mailserver this Discourse instance will use
  DISCOURSE_SMTP_ADDRESS: smtp.abc.com         # (mandatory)
  DISCOURSE_SMTP_PORT: 25                        # (optional)
  DISCOURSE_SMTP_USER_NAME: business@abc.com      # (optional)
  DISCOURSE_SMTP_PASSWORD: xxxx               # (optional, WARNING the char '#' in pw can cause problems!)
  DISCOURSE_SMTP_AUTHENTICATION: login
  DISCOURSE_SMTP_OPENSSL_VERIFY_MODE: none
  DISCOURSE_SMTP_ENABLE_START_TLS: true           # (optional, default true)

This is not correct, is it? We wait 5 minutes for the edit grace period but after that, the email polling interval can be anywhere from immediately after the grace period ends to 5 minutes later itself.

Nope, the edit grace period is never used for email notifications. Whenever you get a notification (due to a group mention, a user mention, a post in a watched topic, a quote or a direct reply), we enqueue an email to be sent in “SiteSetting.email_time_window_mins” which defaults to 10 minutes.

@saluzi I just checked and signup emails are not delayed. Can you check in the skipped emails log (/admin/email/skipped) if they were skipped?

4 Likes

Thank you, Log everything is normal, Not being given, The current registered e-mail to be delayed 3 - 5 minutes, I do not know whether the problem of e-mail service provider (Service Links:企业邮箱_企业邮箱注册申请_企业邮箱价格_新网全球邮
However, send a test message very quickly ,In phpbb mail is also very fast

Is (by any chance) your sidekiq overloaded? You can check at “/sidekiq” and look for the number of jobs enqueued.

2 Likes

sidekiq work more slowly, How to improve the speed of it ?Thank you

What do you mean “it works more slowly”? How many jobs are enqueued?

1 Like

I do not understand, you help me look at it ,Thank you[quote=“zogstrip, post:10, topic:38396, full:true”]
What do you mean “it works more slowly”? How many jobs are enqueued?
[/quote]

Sidekiq looks fine, so the issue is somewhere else :neutral_face:

Is your instance public? I think it’d be easier if I have a look :wink:

1 Like