"Will be opened later" status for category

Is there any theme component or plugin to notify users that a particular category is currently not accessible but will be opened later?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Not that Iā€™m aware of but there are probably workarounds. Where did you want it to display?

3 Likes

Iā€™m just looking for a quick solution now, maybe there is something else like ā€˜notificationā€™ that category is accessible only for some users group to rewrite it for my case?
Any visual form is ok.
Thanks!

1 Like

Would the category still be visible to users but they canā€™t create topics?

2 Likes

I want to keep the category without read access - to show a notification to the user that it will be opened later (or that it is accessible only for some groups).

2 Likes

I like it. Itā€™s kind of the opposite of the ā€œhide category from listingsā€ idea. You want it always to show up in the list, even if thereā€™s not read access. Kind of like a filesystem.

Could be handy when youā€™re using various types of drip workflows, progressive promotion through group levels, etc. Let them see the milestones on the road map before they get there.

If Lounge were visible but not accessible to everyone, it might encourage more people to try for a higher trust level, for example. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, in my case I want to show that we have stuff that user can archive growing in trust levels.
Or join a special group under some conditions.

2 Likes

One workaround may be to use the top-level category for the ā€œabout Group Xā€ materials, information about requirements to join the group, pointer to the application process, etc., and then use restricted subcategories for only group members.

2 Likes

Yes, thatā€™s a workaround but the price is quite high. -1 layer of possible subcategories just to inform users that there is something there.

1 Like

What about this? Category Previews

3 Likes

Thanks! That looks awesome, I completely forgot about it.
p.s. Canā€™t find how to mark your answer as a solution

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.