X Number of replies to a topic

Can you implement a way that only ‘x’ number of replies to a topic in a specific category?

Example: In Cars category, when someone creates a topic, an admin can set the maximum amount of replies to that topic.

1 Like

We have no plans for this and it is the first time I have heard the request. Can you elaborate on why this would be necessary or useful? Provide a specific example?

I’m coming from vBulletin and they have this feature. My reason is to have a “Service Request” category where a user can request for jobs (post as topic for that matter). I want to control how many replies go to that topic.

Eg: You want to to have your lawn cut so you post a request (a topic). People who wants to do the job would reply with a brief description about their business. I want to limit the amount of response to that topic. If not possible then I would have to manually close that topic when it reaches x amount of replies but would love an automatic feature.

A workaround you could use right now would be the “auto close after X days/hours” feature, which would probably get you similar results.

3 Likes

Yes, that’s what we do for our forum’s Job category and it seems to be working fine so far.

3 Likes

We are looking for the same in the sales category. People use a reply to bump up their item for sale. We would like to limit the number of bumps (e.g. replies).