"You need to sign in or sign up before continuing"

Continuing the discussion from Discourse Reactions - Beyond Likes:

What are the settings to achieve this effect? I’m currently using the guest gate theme component but would prefer to use standard settings if possible. Thanks.

Ah, I see. That is not the screen that I was referring to. I was talking about this one:

1 Like

I thought you might have been, though wasn’t sure. Maybe @seanblue knows :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think that is with DiscourseConnect. Redirect to the main site to login or register.

I can imagine the login/registration process using that. But how does the “you need to sign in” message know to pop up when it does? I was reading the topic and after a while it just appeared.

I checked the site again and nothing Popup for me. I think if you use mobile, probable you accidentally tap the like button while scrolling and it redirected to the main site. Many times happens to me :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think you are right! It happens when I scroll down the page using my right thumb, which is in line with the like button. It’s odd, as it happens during the scrolling process (as well as when I deliberately click the heart). The software must react more quickly than me to what my own thumb is doing.

I now prefer the default Discourse behaviour, which greys out the topic and overlays a “Welcome back!” login modal. Less confusing to tired people like me today :slight_smile: And the Guest Gate theme component is good at what it does too.

1 Like