Youtube bug in the new virtual DOM. Tested in Firefox and Chrome stable.
- Play a Youtube video embedded in a post, and scroll up or down but the post itself is still visible.
- The URL bar will refresh as another post (before or after) becomes visible.
- The video should continue playing. Instead, it reloads, beginning playback again from the beginning.
- Every time the URL updates and the containing post is partly visible (even if the video itself is offscreen) it will reload.
- If you scroll up or down until the containing post is offscreen, the video stops and doesn’t reload until you click it again.
See example here:
Another one here: