This plugin integrates Zoom webinars into a Discourse instance. Zoom webinars can be associated with topics, Discourse users can register for webinars and join them when they start.
- When a Zoom webinar starts, the “Register” button automatically switches to “Join”, and clicking it launches the webinar using the Zoom SDK in a dedicated endpoint inside your Discourse community
- Automatically reminds webinar registrants N minutes before the event (N is configurable in the plugin settings, by default reminders are turned off)
- Administrators can add panelists to a webinar in Discourse
- Administrators can add a link to video recordings of the webinar in Discourse, which is then displayed to users after the event has ended
- Zoom event hosts and panelists are associated with Discourse user accounts
- Create a JWT app in the Zoom Marketplace (this requires a Zoom account with developer privileges)
- Install the plugin in your Discourse instance (see instructions)
- Check the
zoom enabledcheckbox and copy/paste the API Key and secret to the
zoom api keyand
zoom api secretsite settings
- Under the Feature tab of your Zoom Marketplace JWT App, enable event subscriptions
- Set the Event Notification Endpoint URL to `https://YOURSITE.com/zoom/webhooks/webinars.json
- Under Event Types, load the Webinar tab and check all the events in it:
- Copy/paste the verification token into the
zoom verification tokensite setting
You should be all set! To test, create a webinar in Zoom, and then click on the Zoom Webinar button in the composer to associate it with a topic.
The plugin only works with webinars that do not require registration in Zoom.