I tried to set my upload limit to 1gb because i want to host a few long videos from the staff team. I already followed the tutorial but i still get the error. I modified and added the new limit in app.yml and in the settings in-app and rebuilt.
Anybody has a fix?
AI-generated summary
Max upload size error
The discussion revolves around users experiencing errors when trying to increase the maximum upload size in Discourse. Skeleton initially attempts to set the limit to 1GB but still gets an error, even after modifying app.yml and rebuilding. Jagster suggests not using Discourse for hosting long videos, but Skeleton explains they have the necessary resources.
Hellekin shares a similar issue, even with a configured limit of 1000MB, and receives an error when trying to upload an 18MB file. Moin points out the solution, which involves passing the correct parameter in the configuration file to update the maximum file upload size. Hellekin confirms this solution works.
Architect suggests improving the alert message or including a note in the admin settings about the limit. David_Ghost asks if it’s still necessary to increase the limit in the nginx config. Fiedin shares a similar issue, even after following the tutorial and modifying app.yaml.
I don’t have any kind tech suggestion but an UX suggestion I have: don’t do that.
Discourse is not a streaming service and with that you are just overloading bandwidth and storages of devices.
Thanks you for the suggestion, but i have resources and i will not upload too many videos. Now i get the error for a 150mb video.
Anybody has a solution to this?
Since 18 is larger than 10: Did you follow the steps in
Oh wow, this is entirely unexpected. Thank you for pointing out the solution. (I didn’t try it yet, but I can’t see another issue.)
Indeed, it works. All you need is to pass the correct parameter in the configuration file to update the maximum file upload size:
params:
## Maximum upload size (default: 10m)
upload_size: 20m
Would be good if they could change the alert for this I also got confused by that, or in admin settings mention there is a limit to how far that can be adjusted without changing settings in console.
it is no longer necessary to increase the limit in the nginx config too?
i followed the tutorial, but always get the message “is greater than the max allowed 1000 MB” at max attachment size.
yup, changes at app.yaml , rebuild. still the same
so in this case was experimenting to insert 2GB file upload.
